Teams & Clubs
Nov. 7-10th Come Visit us at Equine Affaire, Springfield, MA STROH Building
Nov. 15th, 2-3pm Cole Hall Auditorium, TSAS "How Horses Learn; Behavior Shaping and Behavior Modification Strategies" lecture with Dr. Susan McDowell
Nov. 19th & 20th ANSC 402 (Horsemanship / riding) preregistration for Spring 2014 in the LHC
The UNH Equine Program combines award-winning equestrian teams with stong academics and outstanding opportunities for hands-on learning, including on-site USEF/USEA recognized horse trials and PATH International premier operating center which give students real-world experience in the equine industry. The program includes:
- Three courses of study in the B.S. Program: Equine Industry Management, Therapeutic Riding and Equine Science.
- A.A.S. in Equine Management
- Classes in horse care, stable management, equine sports medicine, conformation & lameness, horse trials management, training, riding instruction, therapeutic riding and reproductive management.
- Riding program in dressage and eventing
- Two successful equestrian teams: the 2009 National Champion IDA Team and 2011 Regional Champion IHSA Team.
- PATH International Premier Accredited Therapeutic Riding Program
- USEA/USEF recognized Horse Trials and USDF/USEF Recognized Dressage Shows
- 52-stall facility with indoor, outdoor and Beginner Novice through Preliminary cross-country course ON CAMPUS.