UNH offers a unique and well-rounded program of study to students pursuing a career in the horse industry.
- Background in science and business
- Equine specific courses
- Opportunities for experiential learning
Specialization in one of three tracks:
- Track 1: Equine Industry and Management
- Combines business classes and hands on equine classes
- Teaching training, stable management and competition management
- Preparation for traditional equine or equine business career
- Track 2: Therapeutic Riding
- Track 3: Equine Science
- Combination of equine courses with intensive science curriculum
- Including genetics, reproduction, and nutrition
- Designed for Pre-veterinary students or those interested in graduate education or research
*** Beginning with students entering in Fall 2010 UNH Equine program will confer a B.S. in Equine Studies. ***
Students enrolled before Fall of 2010 may complete their original track of studies to receive a BS in Animal Science with a concentration in Equine Science.