Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) Team
IHSA team roster 2013-14Katie Bartow 2014
Karlee Burmaster 2016 Heather Burno 2016 Elise Daly 2016 Shannon Doherty 2015 Co-Captain Katie Gadoua 2015 Sarah Gaskell 2014
Nicole Graham 2016
Rachel Hurst 2014
Elsa Javenes 2016 Hannah King 2016 Meghan Lusty 2014
Co-Captain Victoria McTague 2014
Kelli Means 2014 Holley Mihok 2016 Casey O'Dea 2017
Linsey Phelan 2015 Kayleen Rojek 2016 Olivia Thomson 2017
Tianna Vestri 2014 Training Squad; Vicky Barry 2017, Jenna Francis 2015, Emily Mallard 2017
- 2014 Zone 1 Region 2 Reserve Champion Team
- 2013 10th Place Team IHSA National Championships
- 2013 Zone 1 Reserve Champion Team
- 2013 Zone 1 Region 2 Champion Team
- 2012 Zone 1 Region 2 Champion Team
- 2012 3rd Place Team Zone 1 Championships
- 2011 Zone 1 Region 2 Champion Team
- 2011 Zone 1 Reserve Champion Team
- 2011 IHSA National Championships 10th Place Team
The University of New Hampshire is a member of the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) and competes in the competitive Zone I, Region 2 against other schools from the northeast. IHSA is a unique form of team equestrian competition in which each competitor draws a horse provided by the host school prior to their ride; no schooling or warm up of that horse by the rider is allowed. IHSA tests each rider’s ability to quickly and accurately assess their mount and ride it to the best of their ability. Teams are comprised of riders from walk-trot up to the Medal/Maclay level. Each score counts equally.
Riders also accrue individual points and may qualify to compete at the Regional and Zone Championships.
Try outs for UNH IHSA are held once per year in the beginning of fall semester. Membership is open to full time undergraduate students at the University of New Hampshire or the Thompson School of Applied Science. Riders must be enrolled in ANSC 402 (Horsemanship) or have taken the course at least twice previously to be eligible to try out. Incoming freshmen who are interested in trying out for the team are strongly encouraged to enroll in the earliest orientation session possible to increase their chances of getting a slot in ANSC 402 during their first semester.
The UNH Equestrian Team is completely self funded and members are required to complete fundraising obligations for each semester. In addition, riders must pay to join the IHSA each academic year.
Fall 2013 Schedule / Results (click each date for results)
- Oct. 12 at Middlebury
- Oct. 13 at University of Vermont in Williston, VT UNH Wins Reserve High Point College
- Oct. 19 at Colby Sawyer UNH Wins Reserve High Point College
- Oct. 26 at Dartmouth College in Etna, NH
- Nov. 2 at Home UNH Wins Reserve High Point College
- Nov. 3 at Endicott College in Boxford, MA
- Nov. 10 at Dartmouth
Spring 2014 Schedule / Results (click each date for results)
- March 8 at Home UNH Wins Reserve High Point College
- March 29 Regional Championships at Dartmouth
- April 5 Zones at Mount Holyoke
Congratulations to Karlee Burmaster, Zone I Champion Individual Advanced WTC and 5th place Nationaly!
UNH is the Zone 1 Region 2 Reserve Champion Team - Continuing its streak as one of the region's top three teams for the past eight years.
Rachel Hurst Regional Reserve Champion Advanced WTC
Congratulations to University of New Hampshire IHSA Regional Qualifyers for 2014:
Meg Lusty Intermediate Flat & Fences