Therapeutic Riding Program
- Our Winter 2/18/13 Newsletter was mailed out electronically. Please email us to get on our list for our next issue.
- Summer 2013 client registrations have been sent to our mailing list!
- We are in need of an intern for SPRING 2014 (this is an unpaid position worth 4 college credits, strong horse experience required) please contact Cindy if interested at email@example.com.
- Our next volunteer training will be on Thurs. June 20th from 4-7pm in the Light Horse Classroom). You do not need to make an appointment to volunteer you just need to attend the training.
- This year's Charity Luncheon will be held at Silver Oaks Jumper Tournament on Aug. 10th, 2013. tickets to go on sale in May.
- This year's volunteer & client appreciation picnic will be held Aug. 15th @6pm at the barn.
- UNH Therapeutic Riding T-shirts are available for $12 in Adult or Youth Sizes in red, kelly green, hot pink, tangerine, ocean blue, turquise, deep purple or lavender. (add $3 for shipping)
- For more information on the UNH Equine Program please go to http://www.equine.unh.edu
photo by Vanessa Wright of the Literary Horse
Therapeutic Riding is a mode of therapy utilizing functional riding skills, equine movement and a variety of therapy activities to achieve specific cognitive, physical and emotional goals. The UNH Therapeutic Riding Program adapts equine activities to allow for participation of riders over the age of 5 with cognitive, physical and emotional challenges. Activities take place in a normal equine environment, augmented with therapeutic games and activities. Adaptations are diagnosis-specific and focus on maximizing the abilities of each individual, rather than concentrating on disabilities.
Fancy hat contest winners with the judges at the 2011 UNH Therapeutic Riding Program's Charity Luncheon at the Fidelity Investments Jumper Classic.